Just because it’s an Easter basket doesn’t mean it has to be full of candy! Get them excited to hop into spring with this Spring Easter Basket Idea.
Thanks to Mirum for inspiring Easter fun ideas with this sponsored post.
Through the years I’ve done pretty good with egg decorating and egg hunting, but I’ll admit, the Easter egg basket hasn’t been my forte.
Mostly because the idea of voluntarily giving my kids a whole basket of sugar is never on my agenda. So when we gave baskets it was full of things like activity books, small toys, etc. However, a lot like bad birthday party favors, I’d rather not give anything if it’s not good.
Let’s face it, if it’s not, we moms throw out the junk. It’s what we do.
So this Easter basket season, only good ideas to the rescue. Items that my kids can use, that my kids want, stuff I don’t mind them having, and most of all anything that can keep them occupied!
After a cold winter, it’s time to get ready to get outdoors which is what inspired this “Hop into Spring” Easter basket. Full of things to keep the kids outdoors, enjoying spring, and keeping them moving from sun up to sun down! It’s so important to get the opportunity to enjoy the perfect temperatures and beautiful work of Mother Nature!
And best of all, I was able to get it all at Walmart, which has some awesome things to put together a great Easter basket. And most everything was just a few dollars, making it super easy to make a quality basket.
“Hop into Spring” Easter Basket Idea:
- Cute Basket: This baby even comes with the bow and can be used for a picnic basket later!
- Bunny Ears: Bunnies. Hopping. You get it.
- Sunglasses: To protect those cute little eyes!
- Kite: In the words of Mary Poppins “Let’s Go Fly a Kite.”
- Bubbles: Because bubbles.
- Pinwheel: You can’t go wrong with
- Balloon Launcher: Water balloons make everything better.
- Emoji Frisbee: Frisbees are fun for everyone.
- Beach Towel: Either to sit on or wipe down from the balloons.
- Slim Jim Smoked Snacks: All this activity is going to work up an appetite! Thankfully our version of “meat and cheese” includes Slim Jim Smoked Snacks (26 ct.) in just the right size and cheese popcorn!
You can choose to BYOB (that’s Build Your Own Basket for clarification) at Walmart or get REAL creative by making your own online for a chance to enter the sweepstakes at SlimJimBoldBreak.com. Plus when you share it socially and you can increase your chances of winning with more entries.
Just take a look at our BYOB Basket (see our Funny Bunny!) and share yours too!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The Slim Jim Build Your Own Basket Sweepstakes is sponsored by Conagra Brands, Inc. Open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 a.m. PT on 3/1/18 & ends 11:59 p.m. PT on 4/1/18. Twenty potential winners will be randomly selected to each receive a $100 Walmart eGift card. Total ARV: $2,000. Odds depend on number of entries. For full details see official rules at SlimJimBoldBreak.com.
What are your Easter traditions?