A wonderful brunch make-ahead recipe!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided in half
- 1 package 16 oz. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced, fresh oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a 9-by-2 1/2-inch springform pan with 2 TBSP. melted butter.
- Line the sides of the pan with strips of parchment paper, brush paper with butter too.
- In a large bowl, mix hash browns with butter, 1 egg, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze all the water / moisture out of the hashbrowns in a colander and let dry.
- Press hash brown mixture onto bottom and up the sides of your prepared pan.
- Press firmly to mold the potatoes against the edges.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until set and the edges of the hash browns are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining eggs and milk, then add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until set, 45 to 50 minutes and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Perfect Mother’s Day, Easter, Christmas or a another great holiday!