There’s nothing like this lemon lavender cupcake to make you and your mouth happy (just like a trip to Magnolia.)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp edible lavender, dried
- 1 1/3 cups flour (preferably cake)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a processor/blender, combine milk and lavender and pulse until blended. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine dry batter ingredients (except sugar) until blended. Set aside.
- With mixer, combine butter and sugar until fluffy. Blend honey, then eggs, one at a time and lastly add vanilla and lemon. Slowly combine both wet and dry ingredients together, folding in the lavender mixture last, dispersing in the mixture.
- Pour into cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full. Back for 15 – 18 minutes until golden. Remove and allow to cool.
- Add butter and sugar together in a stand mixer, adding cream slowly until smooth.
- Then beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon and beat again for another 1 minute to blend.
- Spread on cupcakes or use a piping bag to complete the charm.
- Add lavender or lemon zest to the top of the icing for an added treat!
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 38
- Sodium: 123
- Fat: 25
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 49
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 96