The best of both worlds come together for the Best Damn Chicken and Waffles.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 frozen waffles, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Serve with maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with the cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix together the flour, powdered sugar, chilli powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Beat 3 eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs into a third shallow bowl.
- Toss the chicken in the flour to coat, then dip into the egg, and then place in the panko, turning to coat. Place onto the prepared baking sheets and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Spray the chicken with the cooking spray then bake, turning the chicken over halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Grease an 8×13 inch baking dish.
- Add half of the cubed waffles in a single layer.
- Top with half of the chicken and 1/2 of the cheese then layer the remaining waffles and chicken and cheese.
- Whisk together 6 eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the chicken and waffles.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or refrigerate overnight and bake the next day.
- If you really want crispy chicken quick, you can opt to deep fry the chicken instead of baking!