There’s nothing more summer than a glass of cold lemonade! We’ve the secret to the perfect glass and several other super lemonade inspired recipes for a perfect summer dish or sweetie! (As seen on EyeOpener TV)
Beyonce may have made lemonade the spotlight on iTunes, this super summer time drink has long been the star of the summer for centuries. History says lemonade may have even been created by the Egyptians in as easy as the 14th century. However, taste buds for hundreds of years have kept this simple sipper of lemon, sugar, and water a #1 classic.
But why stop at just lemonade to drink? Inspired by the delicious flavor of lemonade, we’ve put together a whole summer supper featuring lemonade. However, we wouldn’t suggest eating them all at one time; but a few of these will give you the taste of summer in every bite!
But not all lemonade is the same. What’s the perfect combination to make it THE BEST? It’s an easy combination, but it starts with something called simple syrup!
Great lemonade starts with simple syrup for this perfect lemonade recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 gallon water
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Lemons, sliced (for garnish)
- Start off the simple syrup by adding 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then remove from heat.
- Next add add simple syrup, gallon of water and fresh lemon juice to pitcher. Still well.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Don’t use presqueezed lemonade! It’s much more bitter than you want for lemonade.
This lemonade-inspired chicken includes a lemon marinate and lemon batter for the perfect mix of lemon, crispy chicken made in the oven.
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cooking spray
- Mix half the lemon zest and the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup water, sugar and whisk to dissolve.
- Add the buttermilk.
- Poke chicken fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a plastic zipper bag.
- Add the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To batter the chicken: Mix panko, thyme, lemon zest, seasonings in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Shake to mix.
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise and roll chicken in mayo.
- Then add chicken to the bag and shake to coat.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and to chicken.
- Bake until golden, about 35 minutes.
- Turn over and then bake until browned and crisp.
A slice of this pie is the taste of summer with strawberries and lemonade! AND it only takes a few minutes to make!
- Tub Whip Cream (in the tub)
- 12 ounce can lemonade concentrate
- 1 can condensed milk (12 ounces)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- lemon and strawberries for garnish
- Graham Cracker Crust (Purchase at the grocery store or made from scratch!)
- in a blender, puree strawberries and sugar together until combined.
- With a mixer, combine the rest of the ingredients (except the crust) until blended.
- Poor lemonade mixture into crust.
- Poor strawberry mixture over lemonade mixture. Use a spoon or knife to swirl.
- Add crust top back to pie and then freeze overnight (or at least 8 hours.)
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.