Are you in a Meatloaf Monday rut? Or does the thought of one more hot dog make you want to scream?
While I can appreciate a scheduled and organized approach to making sure you have dinner on the table, sometimes you just have to change it up! While my kids could eat hot dogs or “THE Kraft Macaroni and Cheese,” I needed a change. But let’s just say, after a long hard day, sometimes my level of originality is lacking.
How could I say no? They had to get a few boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese at Albertsons even though we had plenty at home!
However inspired by Kraft’s Twist that Dish for fun “out of the box” ways to use hot dogs, I was reminded of a family recipe made by my great grandmother for hot dog sandwiches.
My cousins and I loved helping cook the dogs, stir up the mixture, assemble the dogs and then 20 minutes later biting into the cheesiness. So taking my kids favorite meals and this family recipe in mind, we added our own Reo twist by mixing up the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Oscar Meyer hot dogs, Kraft Mayonaise and a few seasonings for a new, fun, handless way to eat hot dogs with Twisted Mac n Cheese Dogs.
And of course, the kids had to help!
A quick meal anytime, especially on a rainy day for something fun to do.Print
- 8 Hot Dog Weiners, chopped
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, prepared as directed
- 1 Tbsp. Kraft Mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Relish
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup Kraft Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop hot dogs into small pieces.
- Prepare macaroni & cheese as directed. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix all other ingredients except buns and cheese together in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into hot dog buns on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle heavily the top of dogs with cheese.
- Cover the dogs with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and cheese is melted.
This boy loves how we put our spin on this Pin That Twist recipe!
Want more ideas? Enjoy more ways to Pin That Twist.