I’m a girl that dreams of traveling the world.
With it nearing Valentine’s Day I began reminiscing about my vacation to Italy a few years ago.
Fifteen days traveling through the Italian countryside from Rome, Sorrento, Florence, and Venice, I finally experienced the trip I had only dreamed of and it was everything I had wanted it to be minus cooking my own pasta in my own piazza on the Tuscan hillside or purchasing the Chanel necklace I eyed walking through Florence.
But that journey didn’t come without a huge amount of research and a lot of recommendations from friends of where to go and where not to go. (I’m pretty sure I spent more time on planning that trip than I did planning my wedding…) And while I was sublimely happy most the time, there were many times I was very frustrated learning the train system, reading maps and after a long day, just figuring out what I wanted to eat.
Since then I’ve really yearned to travel to more places to see the world, taste new cuisines and appreciate cultures other than my own. However, I haven’t really had the time to do the research and don’t envy the frustration that comes with traveling to a new place to “figure out” how things work. I really need to clone me to just go plan my trip and another one to go check out the destination before the real me gets there.
And let’s not even talk about the anxiety I get when I think about a trip with my kids out of the country!
A tour package makes a lot of sense, but I don’t just want the same trip as everyone else or to board a bus and to only semi-experience a destination. Trafalgar, a worldwide travel planner, has hundreds and hundreds of vacation packages to destinations around the world. All packages are categorized by “trip styles” something for everyone– and a particular favorite of many moms is the Family Experiences—designed to appeal to every generation from children to grandparents.
Trafalgar’s award-winning vacation collection includes 10 unique travel styles—covering every traveler:
- Country Explorer: in-depth experiences taking travelers to the heart of a country
- Regional Explorer: an in-depth look at two or more countries
- Discoveries: faster-paced, multi-country trips popular with first-time travelers
- [NEW for 2015] Hidden Journeys: less-visited destinations with groups of 26 or fewer guests
- At Leisure: relaxed trips with lengthier stays in each destination, later starts and more free time
- Family Experiences: action-packed trips for the whole family to share, from children (aged 5+)
- Special Interest: for a look at Italian food, English country gardens and World War II battlefields
- CostSaver: budget-friendly Europe trips with more experiences as optional
- Cruise, Rail & Combinations: trips featuring alternative transportation along with the luxury coach
- City Breaks: independent packages in select European cities
And it’s all hassle-free: All guided vacations also include high-quality hotels, VIP entry to iconic sights, daily breakfasts and many local meals, luxury coach transportation, airport transfers and luggage handling.
You could go on a Castles and Kilts trip where a local specialist will take you to the must-see sights and make sure the children enjoy it with tales of mystery and madness of monarchs and interesting historical characters. They also have a trip style called CostSaver Europe (budget-friendly Europe trips with more experiences that are optional), worldwide At Leisure (relaxed trips with lengthier stays), and Hidden Journeys (tours with smaller groups that get to visit unique off the beaten path destinations). All of the Trafalgar vacations offer unique Insider Experiences like getting to dine with a local family in their home.
Or you could keep the kids at home and run off to Paris. Definitely on the top of my bucket list, Trafalgar is hosting a giveaway for a trip to see the Eiffel Tower in person – as well as all the other specials details that go with a Trafalgar-led vacation.
What destination experience is on your bucket list?