For our family, Easter lunch/dinner looks a lot like a lighter version of Thanksgiving: a big piece of meat with all the same kind of fixings like mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, we’ll you get the picture.
So to change it up for this year, we opted for BBQ. Good ole barbecue. While Dallas-Fort Worth has tons of amazing places to enjoy BBQ cooking at its best, the hubs wants to make it himself. However, I’m in charge of the fixings. And it’s just not BBQ if I can’t get at least a few bites of this Cheesy Corn Bake from 3 Stacks Smoke House in Frisco. There’s just something about this golden goodness that screams “I need to eat this NOW.”
Perhaps it’s the cream corn.
Perhaps it’s the cornbread mix.
Perhaps it’s that one stick of butter and cheese.
Whatever it is, it’s good.
And while Trace “The Rib Whisperer” Arnold of 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House isn’t giving out all his secrets for tasty BBQ, he did share this recipe and his tips to make it perfect. And now I’m sharing it with you!
Trace “The Rib Whisperer” Arnold of 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House
- Top with fresh grated cheddar or blended cheese.
- Substitute jalapeños for green chilies. Cayenne pepper is also a great substitution for heat.
- Add red bell pepper for a holiday flair.
- Add brown Panco bread crumbs and top for a crunchy texture.
- Light sour cream will reduce calories.
- Cream cheese can be substituted for sour for a richer blend.
- Fresh corn can be used in place of canned.
- Plain yellow cornbread mix can replace Jiffy if you want to eliminate the sweet flavor of the Jiffy.