Applesauce is like magic; it’s great to eat by itself, but cooking with it, is even better! Here’s some of the Best Recipes Using Applesauce for everything from healthy snacks to hotcakes.
For the first three years of my daughter’s life, if she consumed anything healthy, it was in a squeezable green pouch.
She thought it was candy so she thought she was getting away with something. I knew it was Gogo squeeZ and completely natural applesauce, so there was no need to tell her differently (at least at the time.)
Now I can at least get a few more fruits and veggies down her, but using applesauce has become one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. As a natural sweetener, it’s ideal to use in baking and adding a little more health value to a dish.
Have a big jar of applesauce you need to do something with or just looking to make a healthier breakfast or snack, applesauce is your answer.Print
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Gogo squeeZ
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a pan with wax paper.
- Whisk together flour and oats in a medium bowl and set aside
- Beat together all of the wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Then add chocolate chips.
- Scoop two tablespoons of dough; roll dough into a ball with hands. Repeat.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Click on the photo for the rest of the recipes!
Don’t Miss this #mamachallenge Moment: