When mobile phones became a standard around a decade (or two ago), it was about being constantly connected even in an emergency. As we’ve progressed with technology, it’s not just our phone that is connected, it’s now the front door, the lamp, and now even your kids’ who can’t even operate a phone can be reached with the swipe of a button. It’s not just a SmartHome, it’s SafeHome with Verizon and their new array of safehome products.
Need to unlock the door for the technician, your friend who needed to borrow something while you’re at work or did you forget to lock the door? The Kwikset Kevo let’s you lock and unlock your door with the easy of your smartphone for assurance.
Kwikset Kevo – Venetian Bronze
$199.99 RIGHT NOW
- Turn your compatible Apple® iOS or Android® 5.0 device into an electronic house key
- Unlock a door with the simple touch of your hand when your smartphone is nearby
- Send guests or family a temporary electronic key, so they can let themselves in
If you’re mornings are as crazy as mind, you’re still wondering if you turned off the coffee pot or your flatiron well into your workday – until now. Belkin’s WeMo Insight Switch gives you the capability to turn off and on the switch while you’re away, allows you to set a schedule when you want electronics to turn off and on, or even monitor the amount of energy you are using.
Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- Turn home electronics on or off from your smartphone or tablet
- See how much energy your home appliances are using
- Create customized schedules, such as turning a lamp on at sunset
Wish you could see what’s happening at home when you’re traveling or even when you’re away from your hotel room? There are tons of options for security anywhere with the Canary Home Security system. Check in on home with your smartphone to see real time video with no installation or wires, but can also work with your automated security system for the ultimate anytime, anywhere safehome.
- Complete home security system in one device
- Adapts to your home over time, sends notifications with HD video to your smartphone
- No monthly fees or contracts needed; quick and easy set up
Even if your child doesn’t need their own mobile phone, you still need to reach them or at least know where they’re at. With GitzmoPal you can always call or find your child whereever they are and they can call up to two different numbers if they need to reach you. And with up to six numbers set to reach GitzmoPal, Grandma, the babysitter and even your sister can reach your child if necessary.
GitzmoPal by LG
$79.00 (with one year contract)
- Make and receive calls with one button
- Locate GizmoPal on a map from your smartphone
- Water resistant, durable and fun to wear
Visit How to Better Step Up Your Home Security to a Safehome for more tips from Verizon.