This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DisneyBeauties #CollectiveBias
Since the first time my eyes spotted the beautiful sweet lips of my little princess, I was ready to celebrate all things princess. Princess tea party, princess dress up party, princess spa party…we were going to have fun enjoying being a princess as long as she would let me. So when Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition DVD Gift Set came out just last week we had the perfect reason to celebrate with a Princess Spa and Watching Party for my little gal and all her friends!
Just look at how cute these invitations are from American Greetings line called DesignWare? They even include the thank you notes, too, so must love a twofer!
I couldn’t get over how cute the decor options that were available including everything you need for a party like napkins, plates, utensils, balloons, tablecloths and SO much more like chandeliers, window decor and even beautiful princesses to bring the table, floors, and walls to life!
And of course, a Sleeping Beauty Party wouldn’t be complete without a Sleeping Beauty dress for my gal! All the girls were also invited to wear their favorite princess dresses, but just in case, we also had a little dress up corner if any of the girls felt the need for a dress change (and like many girls at a special event, they did!)
With the invitations, decor and the dress out of the way, I was ready to put together the plan for the evening’s activities. In addition to watching the movie (many of the girls had never seen it) and the refreshments, we had some spa fun to be had. The biggest goal of the evening was to emphasize that every girl was beautiful, so we made use of a mirror and using Crayola Window Markers (also purchased at Walmart), I wrote “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall…” and made sure each little girl knew how beautiful she was with positive reinforcement from everyone. It was such a great way to get the evening started so they felt good about themselves!
The two-hour party was broken into stations:
- Glass Slipper Pedicure with Cinderella’s Pumpkin Foot Scrub, Happily Ever After Lotion and Sparkle Polish (part of the favor bag.)
- Fairest of All Facial with Snow White’s Apple Scrub, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Lipgloss (part of the favor bag)
- Be the Belle of the Ball with Belle’s Up-dos along with tiaras and magic wands
- Jasmine’s Jewels with the rest of the favor bags available for the girls to pick up their DesignWare necklaces, rings, etc. for their favor bags
Glass Slipper Pedicure
For this station, I purchased travel scrubbies, towels, dish buckets, sparkle polish and lotion I found ironically named “Happily Ever After.”
I also whipped up this super easy Cinderella’s Pumpkin Foot Scrub sure to make any foot soft and smooth enough to slide into any shoe!
Fairest of All Facial
Combining a little Snow White & Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, we did a little fun to put their best face forward! First we applied the apple facial, then the girls were asked to lay down while we laid cucumbers over their eyelids for effect (which they loved and took off in 1-2 minutes), and we rubbed their arms with apple lotion while they relaxed watching the movie. After 10 minutes, each princess facial was removed with a warm washcloth. Then each girl selected their own lip gloss for application and then put it in her favor bag to take home!
Be the Belle of the Ball Hair Station
All princesses have beautiful hair already, but we just added a little something extra shiny to make the girls stand out with tiaras and sparkle spray! Since it was Halloween it was easy to find sparkles spray and a run through the favor aisle and for under $1 a piece, each girl had her own tiara and wand! We did add some curls, braids and clips to make each of their dos complete, but we opted not to use any brushes to avoid hair issues like tangles or worse!
No princess look would be complete without jewels! Taking a cue from Jasmine, each girl was able to select her own bag of jewels from DesignWare to wear for the evening or keep for later princess adventures!
Since this was an evening of royal treatment, I couldn’t forget the princess touches on dinner! Everything took about 5 minutes to complete, so this dinner was easier than the one I make for my family on most nights!
Princess Spa Party Dinner Menu:
- Princess Sandwiches made with bread, cheese, turkey and cut with a princess tiara cookie cutter!
- Princess Wands made by skewering grapes to a kabob/dowel rod and adding a star-shaped pineapple slice from a horizontally-sliced fresh pineapple.
- Disney Princess Fruit snacks I found at Walmart in the fruit snack aisle!
- Princess Pink Cupcakes spotted at the Walmart bakery and added a bag of silver favor rings found in the party section for $1!
- Princess Juice discovered on the water/juice aisle at Walmart with tops so there were no spills as the girls traveled to each station.
When the night was over at just about bedtime, we were all sad to see the fairy tale come to an end! But all princesses need their beauty sleep, so each left with their bag of jewels, tiara and wonderful memories of the evening with her princess friends!