I was so privileged to be spotlighted this week on two different shows this week, Good Morning Texas on WFAA and D: The Broadcast on KTXD. We put some great Pinterest Dessert finds to the test with a celebrity tester and then I had another celebrity talk mom tips for creating cool tips for healthy lunches.
A lot of you have asked for the recipes I made on GMT for easy and delicious Texas-themed desserts:
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2. Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
3. Bake for ten minutes at 350 degrees.
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup pink lemonade concentrate (not mixed with water)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
red food coloring as desired
2. Add the lemonade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating until smooth. Color with red food coloring as desired.
3. Poor into the pie shell and place in the freezer while you mix the topping.
Several drops of red food coloring
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Whip the cream until stiff, adding the sugar and vanilla in the process.
3. Spoon the cream over the pie filling and garnish with the pink coconut.
4. Freeze the pie until firm.