With fall weather in full gear, with that comes dry skin from the cooler air and winds. You can take care of your skin with all-natural treatments and products that are free of harsh chemicals. These skin care ideas, that can be made with stuff you have around the house are easier, cheapier, healthier and ecofriendly, too.
- Dark circles and puffiness: Use leftover green tea bags and place on eyes to remove dark circles and puffiness.
- Dry Skin: Lemon oil is known to have a calming effect on the body. Mix Pure Lemon Extract with water for a beneficial skin treatment for dry skin.
- Hydrate for smooth skin: Hydrate skin with a honey face mask – spread raw honey on face, leave for 20 minutes, rise off for smooth skin.
- Heal small bumps and bruises: Coconut oil moisturizes skin and is known to help heal small bumps and bruises.
- Fresh skin: Combine a splash of Rose Water with water and put into a spritzer bottle – keep it in the car or purse for a fresh scent (or leave it in the refrigerator for a cooling morning mist)
1 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container
3. Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.