This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #BarillaFiesta http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH
In our home, we never get tired of Mexican food. However, my family loves Italian food almost as much as Latin-inspired cuisine. That’s why choosing between whether we eat tortillas or pasta makes getting dinner decisions difficult. I decided there had to be a way to make everyone happy.
So of course, we compromised. And so was the birth of Mexican Manicotti. Taking a delicious favorite, chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce, I substituted Barilla manicotti pasta for the tortillas.
The recipe is quick to make (taking on a 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook) and I made it even easier by using rotisserie chicken.
Step 1: Boil manicotti noodles.
Step 2: Mix chicken and cheese together.
Step 3: Stuff the noodles.
Step 4: Cook the noodles and then enjoy!Print
The perfect marriage of Italian and Mexican cuisines…this dish is like creamy Chicken Enchiladas, but with manicotti noodles!
- 1/2 box Barilla manicotti noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 lbs of chicken, shredded (I use rotisserie chicken without the skin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup monterrey jack cheese
- 1 TBSP garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. dairy sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To cook the manicotti noodles, follow the instructions on the box. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile in large bowl combine cheese, onion and chicken.
- Using a small spoon, gently stuff chicken mixture into manicotti noodles and place into a large casserole dish.
- In saucepan, melt butter, blend in flour, seasonings, add chicken broth, and cook until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in sour cream and green chilies.
- Cook until heated through, but do not allow to boil.
- Pour sauce over manicotti. Cover top of of sauce with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
After my little experiment, I had all kinds of new ideas on how to use all the Barilla pasta types I found at Walmart. I hadn’t even tried all the noodle types so the choices were endless. By checking out the Barilla Pinterest page, I found all types of recipes and dinner ideas for DAYS.
And if you need even more ideas, Barilla will be at selected Walmart stores, Nov. 6-9 sharing recipes featuring wavy lasagna and elbow pasta.
[Tweet “@Barilla hosts food demos at @Walmart, Nov. 6-9! Get recipe ideas + this one –> #ad http://wp.me/p574nU-mq #weavemade #BarillaFiesta”]
Whether it’s a momentous occasion or just a normal Monday, Barilla is the right way to celebrate with your family’s meals!