In Arlington, Texas, we are all about teams…
Our local Walmart is planted directly in between Globelife Park, home of the Texas Rangers and AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. However, this time our team is setting out to fight hunger with the Fight Hunger Spark Change campaign.
When you look around you, wherever you are, at the store, at work, at school it’s hard to think that 1 in 6 of those people you are looking at, talking to or passing in the hallway or in the aisle is struggling with hunger.
With such astronomical proportions, it’s really hard to even begin to think how you can help.
However, now until May 3, by just buying specially marked items you already buy regularly at Walmart, snap a shot of six friends or by just making a donation at your local Walmart, you can make a difference to FIGHT HUNGER SPARK CHANGE to have 75,000,000 meal donations to local food banks with Feeding America.
Yes, it’s that easy to make a difference!
1) For each participating product purchased at Walmart now May 3, suppliers will make a donation to help secure one meal* on behalf of local Feeding America food banks. Together with Campbell’s, ConAgra Foods, General Mills, Kellogg Company, Kraft and Unilever, Walmart hopes to secure 75 million meals* by the end of the campaign. For more information and a list of participating products, please visit walmart.com/fighthunger.
2) Walmart customers can donate to their local Feeding America food bank at the registers of any participating Walmart.
3) Share the movement on your social media channels to generate a donation.
Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture of six people who commit to solving hunger
- Post your picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and connect it to the hashtag #WeSparkChange—make sure your post is public so it can be seen and counted
- Share your post
- Walmart will donate $10 for every qualifying post, up to $1.5 million**
We’re only half way there today and only a few weeks left to help make it to 75,000, o00. I know you’ll be doing some grocery shopping in the next three weeks – just make sure to grab the boxes with the sticker “FIGHT HUNGER SPARK CHANGE” and your item = one meal.
If you don’t think hunger is a problem for you or those people are around you, you might want to think twice.