While Hidden Valley Ranch makes a bottle of creamy bliss that gets my kids excited to eat any vegetable, I prefer something a little simplier, healthier, tastier and fresher.
I’ve discovered if you make a delicious dressing for your greens, you actually MIGHT like eating your salad without a hundred other ingredients. And since it doesn’t require much more than about 1 minute and five ingredients in your pantry to create this Apple Dijon Vinaigrette, after one bite you’ll have this on your salad, your roasted veggies and even your grilled chicken. Just don’t let your kids see you swipe their applesauce since that’s the main ingredient!
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce (1 pouch of squeezable sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (option)
- ½ teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender, food processor, or emulsifier for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve with greens or over roasted vegetables.
Nothing pairs better than fresh vegetables and you can get them straight to your door! Check out this TV segment on Good Morning Texas I did about fresh food delivery.