Now that the kids are out of school…what to do, what to do… Here are ideas on what to do with the kids to make the holidays special without all the work.
Go Elsa with Ice Skating
- You can sign up for skating school at the Galleria Dallas Ice Rink for a three-day workshop on the ice around the tallest indoor Christmas tree. For only $42 – your child can have three days of skate lessons, skate rentals, free skating – December 19-21 and December 26-28.
- Visit Panther Island ICE in Fort Worth for skating fun now – Jan. 16!
- Gaylord Texan Lone Star Christmas also is featuring an ice skating rink outside as part of their ICE! Activities this year, so you can make a day of it in Grapevine.
Let’s Lego with Sci Tech Discovery Center
- If you have a LEGO lover (ages 3-12), they’ll love seeing and learning about castles made with LEGOs and be able to make their own at the Castle Builder Exhibit at Sci-Tech Discovery Center in Frisco.
- They are also offering Winter Holiday Wonderland Camps and Maker Space Camps for opportunities for learning about winter activities. Choose 1 day or all 5 days. Grades 1st – 3rd and 4th – 6th. $75/day member $85 non/member.
- Check out MindStretchingFun.org for all the details.
Celebrate German-Style with Lebkuchen and Lace
- Arlington goes big and the holidays are no exception! Head over to the 6th Annual Texas Christkindl Market now until Dec. 23.
- Saturday, December 17 the event hosts Vocal Majority singing at 4 PM. Next week you can bring the kids for extended Peppermint Park hours and slide down the Arctic Blast Tubing Run while getting your holiday shopping complete.
Reign them in with Reindeer
- These are my favorite because they are also great gifts for the kids to give to grandma or grandpa or friends. Love this tutorial from Everyday Best.
Fun with Frosty: Snowman Crafts
- Crafts don’t have to be complicated to be fun! Get in the spirit with these beautiful snowman crafts from Julie Measures.
- With a trip to the Dollar Store or Michaels, you can create making fun crafts while spending time together.
Visit mamachallenge.com for links to these recipes, ideas, giveaways and more!