- 7 cups of broth (use chicken broth or broth from the turkey)
- 3 cups shredded turkey (or use what you have left!)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes and green chiles like Rotel
- (Whatever leftovers you have – carrots, onions, etc.)
- 3–4 flour tortillas
- PAM Cooking spray
- In a large pot, boil the broth and turkey together with cumin, garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper. Season to taste. After boiling for 7 minutes, add the black beans, corn and Rotel and move to a simmer for 20 minutes or more.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare to the making the tortilla chips. Spray the cooking sheet with PAM. Then using a knife or cookie cutter, cut the tortillas into several triangles like a pie and lay them out separately on to the pan. Then spray the triangles with PAM. Place the pan in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden.