I was so incredibly happy to receive a Chromebook from Staples for purposes of this review. It came at the worst of times and the best of times, so I was able to really try it out and learn what makes a Chromebook unique. Read on to hear my fairy tale of making life easier with Samsung Chromebook.
Let me tell you a sad story.
Don’t worry, it gets good in the end…so keep reading.
One day a girl had a wonderful tablet computer that she loved to do research on because it was easy to navigate and was extremely portable from a company called “Pear.” (Names have been changed to protect others.)
Unfortunately, one fine day while she was carrying her tablet, a mean, horrible monster came and took it from her basket. She was so sad, she cried. And when she went home, her family cried. It was a sad day. Whatever would they do without it?
Then out of the blue, came a little fairy named Staples to bring her another computer called a Samsung Chromebook. While it wasn’t a tablet, it had other special powers, that she wasn’t even aware of yet. The fairy said, try this and see what you think. “You might be surprised what you find out.”
And so began a journey of discovery and exploration with the Samsung Chromebook.
Considering I was already a total Google fan, getting going on the device didn’t take long. Within a few seconds of logging into my Google account, I was working with all my pre-populated Google-everything platform. It was like I was working from my laptop, but instead much lighter at less than 2.5 pounds, quicker with its 10-second Fastboot technology and even more seamlessly with the integrated Google operating system.
|The Samsung Chromebook is thin and light with a lot of accessibility.|
I was impressed. But what else could be so special about it?
- The use of a keyboard is pretty obvious and unlike small tablets that can only connect to a keyboard via bluetooth, it’s ready to go once you open it and as easy to type on as a laptop.
- Built-in virus protection with the Google Chrome Operating System makes it a no-brainer for searching the Internet.
- With 6.5 hours of battery life, the Chromebook creates a world of opportunity, especially when you run into Starbucks to get online and there’s not one outlet available.
- Ports! You can actually connect to files on flash drive via the USB and HDMI port – meaning I can charge up my lovely smartphone while I’m working. And it also comes standard with WiFi and Bluetooth, giving you even more options to connect.
- Ready to conduct a quick Google hangout? Then start one in seconds with the quick button to the built-in camera!
- And the price? Starting at only $249, you could have two Chromebooks for the price of the leading tablet.
|Check out how thin the Samsung Chrome is next to my smartphone. (No judgement on the chipped equipment!)|
However, it’s the machine that keeps on giving, too!
As part of Google’s interface, it also means that in addition to all the standard apps automatically in your Google account, you can add more apps to create your custom Google portal. And if you work off more than one machine like I do, it’s wonderful to be able to access all your files and everything without investing in an FTP or duplicating files in another system. Your files are updated in real-time, and if you are sharing documents with others, you don’t have to have all the other programs to update thanks to Google Drive. And Google Print, is nothing short of genius!
|Photo courtesy of Staples.com|
One of the other great things about this low-cost laptop are the added goodies like more Google Drive space, a free trial of Google Play and even 12 free Gogo in-air internet passes to use when you are traveling!
So with all the benefits of the Samsung Chromebook, it’s like a dream-come-true for those of us that are looking for a portable computer option that’s easy to use, can run tons of apps and access programs, and of course, fits into our price range.
And as the story goes, the girl lived happily ever after.
|Graphic courtesy of Staples.com|
Create your own computer fairy tale by getting your Samsung Chromebook at Staples, where they make things easy. By purchasing at Staples, you can get free shipping as well as 5% back when you are a Staples Rewards Member.