Normally in Texas we break out the big winter coat 1-2 times a winter season. Sometimes I even look in my coat closet and wonder why we spend as much money on big coats so they can gather dust and take up room.
This year has not be the case. And with all this covering up and dressing in layers, you tend not to worry about your skin except to get slather up on lotion as we feel our hands crack and peel until around March or April when the warm temps finally do show their face and you begin to show your skin.
However, now is actually the right time to think about your skin and getting your hide checked for skin cancer.
To celebrate the opening of five DermOne Dermatology Centers locations in Dallas/Fort Worth, DermOne is providing 500 free skin care checks ($80,000 value) to the community.
Skin cancer is a serious issue in North Texas. In fact:
- It’s the most common form of cancer in the U.S., with more than 3.5 million skin cancers diagnosed in more than two million people annually.
- There are more new cases of skin cancer than breast, prostate, lung and colon cancer – combined.
- When left unchecked, skin cancer can be deadly faster than any of us would like to think.
Other services at DermOne include:
- General dermatology, including treatment of acne, eczema, warts, rashes, moles and much more;
- Skin cancer screenings and surgery;
- Laser technology, such as the Palomar Laser, an innovative fractional laser from the company that invented and patented micro-fractional laser technology, used to treat wrinkles, stretch marks, acne, surgical scars and other skin conditions;
- Cosmetic procedures, including BOTOX®, Juvéderm™ and Restylane® at many locations; and
- In-house pathology lab to ensure quick turn-around of biopsy removal of a sample of living tissue or cells for close examination by a pathologist for signs of disease and other test results.
715 North Fielder Road
Arlington, TX 76012
4927 Lake Ridge Pkwy., Suite 170
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
2021 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 300
Irving, TX 75061
2856 N. Galloway Ave.
Mesquite, TX 75150
1505 West Jefferson St., Suite 170
Waxahachie, TX 75165