Make your game-day watching party a real fiesta with this fish taco recipe featuring Del Monte’s Mangos!
- 4-6 filets, Treasures from the Sea Encrusted Tilapia, frozen (I used parmesan)
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
2-Minute Mango Salsa
- 1 can Del Monte Mangos, diced and drained
- 1 package pico de gallo (found at Walmart or you can make yourself)
- 1 cob of corn off the cob, fresh and uncooked
Avocado Sour Cream/Crema
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 avocados, smashed
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1-1.5 cups of feta or cojita cheese
- Combine all slaw ingredients into a bowl and place in fridge to marinate flavors.
- Meanwhile, fry/bake the fish as directed on package. Once completed, slice into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Next, mix mangos, pico and corn into a bowl.
- Then, mix mashed avocados and sour cream into a bowl.
- For taco bar, place fish, slaw, salsa, cream and cheese into separate bowls for guests to create their perfect taco.
My favorite way to layer the taco is: fish, slaw, salsa, cream and then cheese.