Wanna score big at your Super Bowl Sunday party? Besides having the game on, make sure you have a good menu especially with these Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa!
Even if your favorite team isn’t playing or if guests aren’t really into football, you can still make a touchdown when your spread includes a little fun and a lot of flavor. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. With just a few ingredients including Del Monte’s new Diced Mangos from Walmart, you will make your party a real fiesta!
Tacos are always a crowd pleaser and when making food for a group of people creating options to customize it make it easier on you in the kitchen and more fun for your guests. This doesn’t mean just putting out tortillas, meat and cheese. You can still show your unique touch by preparing a couple of options with a little flair, like this two-minute mango salsa and an avocado sour cream with fish tacos, that take a normal dish from ordinary to extraordinary.
For our game day fish taco bar, we’ve fried up (or you can bake) a pre-made crusted tilapia, a three ingredient slaw (for extra crunch), our two-minute mango salsa, avocado sour cream, a few cheese options served with corn tortillas (perfect for your gluten free guests, too). The key to a good fish taco is the crunch so using the crusted fish, adding corn off the cob in the mango salsa and the cabbage in the slaw make each bite perfect and will keep your guests coming back for more.
Again, the best part for you? It took less than 30 minutes to create the entire taco bar! And using the left-over mango salsa, serve them with tortilla chips or even better, these tortilla cups for maximum presentation and convenience to keep the game going with no timeouts – for the game or you!Print
Make your game-day watching party a real fiesta with this fish taco recipe featuring Del Monte’s Mangos!
- 4-6 filets, Treasures from the Sea Encrusted Tilapia, frozen (I used parmesan)
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
2-Minute Mango Salsa
- 1 can Del Monte Mangos, diced and drained
- 1 package pico de gallo (found at Walmart or you can make yourself)
- 1 cob of corn off the cob, fresh and uncooked
Avocado Sour Cream/Crema
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 avocados, smashed
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1-1.5 cups of feta or cojita cheese
- Combine all slaw ingredients into a bowl and place in fridge to marinate flavors.
- Meanwhile, fry/bake the fish as directed on package. Once completed, slice into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Next, mix mangos, pico and corn into a bowl.
- Then, mix mashed avocados and sour cream into a bowl.
- For taco bar, place fish, slaw, salsa, cream and cheese into separate bowls for guests to create their perfect taco.
My favorite way to layer the taco is: fish, slaw, salsa, cream and then cheese.
[Tweet “Try @DelMonte NEW Diced Mangos at select @Walmart stores sampling 1/22-1/25. #pmedia #makemangosalsa #ad “]
Don’t forget the ninos!
Share the fiesta fun with the kids while the grownups watch the game with the “Book of Life.” Available January 27 at Walmart, my kids are excited to bring this one home after seeing it in the theatre. Enjoy the Latin-themed legend of Monolo and his “epic quest through magical, mythical and wondrous worlds in order to rescue his one true love and defend his village.” Since my children are enrolled in Spanish immersion schooling, this movie was a great way to fuse the cultural aspect of Latin culture including Dia de los Muertos. However, even without the basic knowledge, you and the kids can still enjoy the story, its humor, and its teachings, as well as the vivid animation.
Enjoy the big games and this delicious fish taco bar including mango salsa featuring Del Monte’s new mango and you’ll be named the MVP!