- 1 lb. beef, chopped or ground
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. chili seasoning blend
- Broth (2 cups of chicken broth OR 1 12 ounce of your favorite beer)
- Optional: 2 (15 oz.) cans beans, drained (However, if you use beans, don’t call it Texas Chili.)
- In a large stockpot, cook meat over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the onion is cooked and softened.
- (At this point you could serve your chili and it would be great. Don’t though. You want it to be awesome, so let it simmer longer. Or better yet, cook it, cool it and eat it tomorrow. It will be awesome.)
- Serve warm with additional toppings if desired.
Want s’more, please?