What’s the best part of apple pie? It’s the apple! So we make this treat quick and easy with apples as the real feature, but a little bit of crust for the crunch!
- 5-6 big apples (these won’t come in a bag, you’ll need to hand pick these)
- 1 teaspoon of MamaChallenge.com’s Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Premade pie crust (either they kind you can roll out or the double plates you can pull out and roll)
- Cut the top of the apple. Using a melon baller, remove the inside of each apple carefully to not tear into the skin (you’ll create your own rind.)
- From your apple pieces, remove the seeds and discard.
- Take remaining apple pieces and combine with sugars and apple pie spice.
- Now add the apple filling back to each apple evenly.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 strips to create your own pie crust lattice.
- Cover the top of the apple with the lattice pattern with strips.
- Brush crust with a little butter.
- Places apples in small square pan with just water to cover the bottom of the pan (very small amount.)
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes until brown.)
- Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes until brown.
- The hardest part of this pie is taking the apple out of the apple skin without making a whole! Take your time and you’ll have a perfect treat you’ll be proud to serve!