When you think of Oktoberfest, you get this image of a set boobs holding a stein of bier.
However, both the famed Munich celebration and Addison Oktoberfest, considered one of the most authentic Oktoberfest celebration in North America, offers a cultural experience for families as well.
Addison Oktoberfest offers some amazing things for families including:
- Das Kinder Stage – a kids stage featuring German style entertainment all three days of the event
- Fun folk dancing – Not only can kids enjoy a little Chicken Dance, but groups like Texanischer Shuhplattler Verein and STV Almrausch Dancers teach families to do easy German folk dances. Additionally, youth teams from schools in Plano and Carrollton also perform their award-winning folk dances.
- Carnival – The fantastic carnival area at Addison Oktoberfest is much like the carnival in Munich. Rides can be purchased individually, or guests can purchase a $25 wristband which offers unlimited rides. There are two ways to get the $25 wrist bands – they can be purchased onsite (only offered onsite on Thursday and Sunday) or they can be used ANY day when done as part of the Oktoberfest Kids Package below.
- Lebkuchen Decorating Classes – While everyone can come and buy tasty Lebkuchen (gingerbread) and other baked treats from the Kaffee und Kuchen Haus, for only $10 adults and kids can take a hands-on Lebkuchen Decorating Class. Advance registration is recommended, and classes are offered all four days of the event.
- DAWG (Dallas Area Working Group) Pretzel Run Agility Challenge – family fun as working dogs run a pretzel-shaped agility course – Thursday only
- Oktoberfest 5K and 1M Family Fun Run – benefiting Wipe Out Kids Cancer, this fun race is a family favorite!
- Dachshund-Day or Dach-Sunday! – On Sunday, kids of all ages will enjoy the Dachshund Parade in the Schloss Addison Tent and the Dachshund Races at the bowl stage.
Families wanting to plan their Oktoberfest experience will enjoy the Oktoberfest Kids Package (ages 4-12).
For $35, the package includes:
- Kids Admission
- Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristband
- Oktoberfest Souvenir Color Changing Cup
- Laugen Pretzel
- Oktoberfest Souvenir Button
Buy your package (and see other packages available) at Addison’s Oktoberfest Ticketing.
And you can also win this AMAZING FAMILY FUN PRIZE to Addison’s Oktoberfest on mamachallenge.com.
ADDISON OKTOBERFEST FAMILY CONTEST
4 General Admission tickets to use anytime
2 carnival armbands
$40 Tasty Bucks
2 Box combo cards from Raising Canes
2 Kids meal combo cards from Raising Canes
(note – Raising Canes sponsors Sunday’s Dachshund Dash!)
Contest value: $158
If you’ve never been to Oktoberfest then you have to check out this post on the songs you should know before entering the Schloss Tent!