- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of applesauce (I prefer apple-cinnamon Go Go squeeZ)
- 1/ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey to dip or drizzle on donut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat donut pan with melted coconut oil.
- Add bananas and applesauce to food processor and blend into smooth
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and add coconut oil, vanilla, egg and honey and whisk until egg is combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and mix until incorporated.
- Pour dry ingredients unto wet and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into donut pan.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes, until dough bounces back after being pressed.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in pan, then remove to a cooling rack.
- When donuts have cooled slightly, add drizzled honey or dip donuts in honey while warm.