When someone gives me a challenge, I take it. Head on. This time it’s the best pumpkin recipes on Pinterest. And I accepted gladly.
This morning I put together three recipes I found on Pinterest to the test on WFAA’s Good Morning Texas for their Pumpkin-Palooza! Check out what I made and best of all, the recipes are here, too!
Three Ingredient Pumpkin Doughnuts
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
3 tablespoons of water
Mix the three ingredients in a large bowl, and that’s it!!
If the mixture seems a little dry, add a bit more water.
Spoon the mixture into your pan and bake for 13 minutes.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons milk
Pumpkin Pie Fudge with Nutella & Marshmallow Cream Swirl
- Place chocolate in a medium sauce pot, pour sweetened condensed milk over top. Over LOW heat, melt the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate together, stirring constantly until smooth and pulling away from the edges of the pot.
- Pour into a wax paper lined 8×8 baking dish (I usually lightly grease the wax paper too).
- Use zip top baggies to pipe the nutella and marshmallow cream over top of the fudge. Swirl in with a knife.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.
Pumpkin Better Than… Cake
- Mix together the cake mix, the pumpkin puree (DO NOT add the other ingredients on the cake mix box), and the pumpkin pie spice until a batter forms.
- Using the 14 oz. can of pumpkin puree will yield a thicker batter. You can add up to 1 cup more pumpkin if you’d like a thinner batter (which will yield a slightly fluffier cake).
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×9 (9×13 if you added more pumpkin) baking dish. Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely after baking.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, aiming to fill the holes.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes or until the sweetened condensed milk has soaked into the cake.
- Spread the cool whip over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top (just to your liking).
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight (best).