- 2–4 halibut steaks or fillets
- 3/4 cup Thai Chili Sauce (easily found in the Asian ingredient aisle)
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped corriander
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic (Tbsp. pureed garlic)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients but the fish in a bowl, stirring until completely mixed.
- Rinse the fish, pat fry and place in a baking dish. Pour half the marinade over the fish and turn fish until thoroughly covered in the marinade. Marinade for 1-24 hours. (Reserve the rest of marinade for sauce.)
- Brush grill with oil (I used an indoor one over the stove, but outdoors is always best), then cook fish each side for 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To serve, serve fish right off the grill over Jasmine rice or vegetables. Cover fish with warm sauce and then garnish with cilantro.