A Texas tradition, this is an easy recipe for the traditional popover with a spicy take on strawberry butter.
- For the Turnovers
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/4 cup milk, slightly warmed
- 6 Lonestar Eggs, beaten at room temperature
- cooking spray
- For the Strawberry Jalapeno Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional: omit entirely or just remove seeds for less heat)
- Sift flour, salt, and powder together in a large bowl.
- To the mixer, add eggs and slightly warmed milk together and blend on low.
- Add flour mixture gradually until all is blended.
- Turn off machine and let batter rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven at 450F degrees.
- Spray muffin or popover pan with cooking spray.
- Fill pans until almost full.
- Place batter in the over and bake at 450F for 15 minutes. Then turn oven to 375F degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes until a golden brown. (Don’t keep opening the oven door to look at them or they will fall!)
- While turnovers are cooking, combine butter, jam and jalapeno together in a bowl and at medium until fluffy. Set aside until ready to serve (or put in fridge for a little bit to firm up.)
- Once turnovers are complete, remove from the oven, and serve immediately with butter.