When I think of a spa day it NEVER has included one thought about the kids except who was watching them while I was there…however, in Carrollton, right outside of Dallas, there’s not only a day spa that you will love with three floors committed to recharging your mind, body and spirit, but a spa that’s created amenities for the kids. Spa Castle is the name of the fantasyland spa property right off George Bush Tollway and Josey Lane. For just $35 bucks you can live it up with the girls for a daycation just like you’d have at a resort (swim up pool with a bartender included), or just a quiet weekend with added Eastern-style spa services and an overnight stay at the on-premise hotel, or even a fun getaway for the family for a relaxing day of water fun and dining. Too good to be true? That’s probably why they called it a castle…I mean that is where we all think magical fairy tales come alive, right? But I have evidence it’s the real deal and one of my favorite Dallas places to spend a few hours (or maybe a few days if I’m lucky). With hydrotherapy pools, saunas, dining, spas and more, you will find relaxation at Spa Castle. However, I did need a little 101 to figure out what to do once I entered the doors. But the very friendly staff led me in the right direction and ensured I was enjoying myself all day long. (You didn’t expect me to bring the kids this time, right? A mom has to scope things out first…)
Just a few things to know:
- Wristband: After claiming my magical “wristband” at the front desk, I was able to open and lock my locker, check in for spa appointments and even order a meal with my a show of my wrist (that’s attached to your credit card.)
- Shoes: Because this is a spa built on Eastern practices, you’ll be leaving your shoes literally at the door in a special shoes only locker upon arrival. Then yoou will have another locker for your other clothes and belongings. You won’t be wearing shoes all day, but don’t worry, you’ll see them clean the floors more times in the day than I did my entire kitchen last year.
- Clothes: You’ll be provided a spa outfit while you’re there of what seems like pink scrubs. You will wear those in the spa areas, a bathing suit in the pool areas and if you choose nothing in the hot tubs. But don’t worry, no pressure!
- Pace Yourself: Like Disney World, you just can’t do everything in one day. Just enjoy things a little at a time and remember, that at only $35 you can afford to come back again and again.
- Tips: Your gratuity is included in your spa service, so you really don’t have anything to worry about!
Featured as part of your $35-day pass, Spa Castle’s signature Sauna Valley features ten different saunas that help promote relaxation and detoxification. Each room has a different theme and purpose for you to find the best service for exactly what your body needs. From 24-karat gold, almost 200-degree temperatures and even a room that Elsa would be envious of, they’ve options if you have the time. I didn’t get to try them all out, but I was able to sneak in most of them for just long enough to take a shot. To learn more about the benefits of the sauanas, visit the website.
In addition to my sauna time, I also snuck in a few spa services (there are tons to choose from) including the luxurious caviar facial. I wasn’t sure exactly what caviar was doing on my face, but whatever it was, it did it well since my skin has felt and looked radiant every since. My facial also included a little shoulder massage as well so after I was done, I was almost too relaxed to do anything else…However, I didn’t want to leave Spa Castle without seeing a few of the places I planned to enjoy the next time when I bring the girls next month for a resort-type day only a few moments from home!
Outdoor Mystic Pool
Experience the same refreshing rush of water and pressure treatment on your head, shoulders, and back under the “deep mountain” waterfall. The evening sets an enchanting setting, enhanced by panoramic views to add to the peaceful ambiance of the pool area.
Modeled after the famous Japanese baths of the past, the Hinoki Bath is built with ancient pine woods aged over 300 years old. Combined with minerals, the fragrant aroma of pine surrounds you as soon as you step into the heated waters. (It’s hot!) There’s so much to see and do at Spa Castle, I know I’ll be coming back with friends, the family and hopefully a few times just me. And just because you aren’t in Texas, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Spa Castle with several locations in the U.S. visit the website for more info.
Do you want to enjoy a Spa Castle experience?
You can win a day pass (value $35!) Just share by commenting below what has been your biggest “MAMACHALLENGE” lately and you can win!