Forget the fruitcake, these rum and Coca-Cola® cake balls are the way to ring in the season. This easy recipe can be made for giving (or keeping) with (and without) the spirits, but all the festive flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (the darker the better!)
- 1 box Graham Cracker cookies (or approximate 400 g cookies)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ⅓ cup Coca-Cola®+ 1 tablespoon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Rum Extract + 2 teaspoons
- 450 grams dipping chocolate (There are several great versions to use, just make sure it hardens)
Optional for Topping
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coca-Cola®
- 1 Tablespoon Spiced Rum or 1 teaspoon Rum Extract
- 2–4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Colored melting chocolate
- Melt chocolate and butter into microwave until smooth (normally 30 seconds.) Let cool. In a food processor, combine cookies, cocoa and sugar until fine (like sugar.)
- Add chocolate to the cookie mix until mixed thoroughly. (Make sure to blend until it’s even.)
- Add cola and rum extract until it created a ball of dough. Knead a few minutes until mixed and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- When able to pick up, begin making 1-1 1/2 inch balls from the dough and place on
- parchment or a Silpat mat.
- Melt dipping chocolate in the microwave until ready to dip. Using a fork, quickly coat balls in chocolate and place back on paper/mat to dry.
- Optional: If you’d like to add a topping, use cocoa powder as a simple finish or make them even more rum and Coca-Cola® flavor, combine cola and rum (or extra together) with nuts and allow to sit so liquid can be absorbed. Once a little dry, sprinkle nuts for a finishing touch. Otherwise, you can add another melted chocolate for a special holiday touch!