Easy, quick and with a little spice, this is a weekday meal that’s always nice!
- 12 ounces shrimp, deveined, cooked (you can use any protein, but shrimp is quickest!)
- 12 ounces of rice noodles (I prefer linguine but you can use smaller if you need to.)
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup peppers (I used a mix of red and green)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger (super for your digestive system)
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric (super for your immune system)
- 1/4 cup honey, local
- 1/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- sriracha sauce (season to your liking)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Optional: cilantro chopped
- Optional: lime, sliced
- Boil pasta as directed.
- Drain and return to pot and 1/2 sesame oil and toss.
- In another pot, heat rest of sesame oil over medium heat and add vegetables and spices.
- Saute until tender.
- Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce and sriracha and simmer two minutes.
- Pour sauce into pot with noodles and toss well.
- To serve, garnish with chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro, and a quarter of lime.
- Pairs well with a pinot grigio!