- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or chicken thighs, approximately 6-8)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 red, orange and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle seasoning over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Now pour the tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with peppers and onions. Then add garlic and lastly, the seasoned chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat 3 – 4 hours or low heat 6 – 8 hours, until chicken has cooked through and peppers are tender. (Depending on your slow cooker, you can do less heat for sliced fajitas or more for shredded.)
- Remove chicken and cut into strips or shred. Gently toss a little of the broth onto fajitas for more flavor. Now serve warm in warmed tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, cheese and salsa.
- Back to school is easy with these standy that takes no time to prep or cook!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 879
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Protein: 72
- Cholesterol: 193