The best kind of macaroni and cheese is the one that you make! Make any party fun with a mac n cheese bar!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/4 cup) cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I prefer Greek yogurt)
- One can condensed Cheddar cheese soup, (10 3/4-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add sour cream, soup, salt, milk, nutmeg, mustard and pepper and stir well.
- Add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Now add any toppings you want! We share tips and recommendations for the Best Macaroni & Cheese Bar on mamachallenge.com