- 1 1/3 cups rice-corn crispy cereal (Crispex Rice/Corn is gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. chicken tenders or 4 bone-in, skinless chicken pieces
- Finely grind the cereal together in a food processor.
- Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag.
- Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper and toss to mix thoroughly. Whisk the light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl. Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly.
- Drop the chicken into the plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated. Place coated pieces on the prepared rack. Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating browns, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.