Take french toast to the next level this holiday with an easy make-ahead brunch casserole with eggnog!
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoons milk (use eggnog if you like)
- Slice French bread into 1-inch each cubes. (We actually let the kids tear it up so they can help!)
- Arrange slices in a buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, eggnog, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over the bread, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cook until brown and bubbly!
To make glaze
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spreadable (mixture will thicken slightly as it sets).