This is the kind of sauce you’ll want to put on everything at Thanksgiving!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 apple, chopped (I prefer gala)
- 2 cups fresh whole cranberries
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, chopped and seeded
- Orange zest (optional)
- Over medium heat, mix sugar, vinegar and salt until dissolved.
- Add apples, cranberries and increase to medium-high heat. Cook uncovered 5-7 minutes until fruit is tender, but not soft.
- Add ginger, cilantro, and jalapeno and allow to cook on simmer for 2-4 minutes. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Serve with turkey, dressing and whatever for a southwest flair!
- This may be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to a week (Thanksgiving leftovers!) This recipe has been update (11/17.)