Think the drive-through is the only way you’re going to put food on the table? Healthy and quick meals are possible with help from Michael Angelo’s. Paired with this Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse and this pairing will soon be your new go-to every day that ends in Y.
- 4 large eggs yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup hazelnut spread
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, whisk together eggs, ½ the sugar, and ¾ cup heavy cream.
- Cook over a medium-low heat, stirring approximately 3-4 minutes, but don’t allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, whisk in melted chocolate, hazelnut spread, and vanilla,
- Strain into bowl and chill.
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 ¼ cups heavy cream and the remaining sugar.
- Whip until still peaks form.
- Stir in 1/3 of whipped chocolate into cooled custard mixture, then fold in the rest with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon into dishes, chill, covered for at least one hour.
- Optional: Add whipped cream and shaved chocolate, but it’s totally good just the way it is.