Give your holidays an Italian twist with this Cheesy Pasta Pie that’s a creative twist on a family favorite featuring rigatoni, marinara and all the cheese!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey or other protein
- 1 16 ounce jar Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound Barilla Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 package Galbani Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add ground protein and brown. Add ½ jar of marinara to pan.
- While cooking, boil rigatoni until al dente (about 8-10 minutes.)
- Drain pasta and add other ½ off of marinara to pasta and toss.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Place on a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange pasta vertically in the prepped pan. Pack the rigatoni tightly.
- Spread the meat sauce on top of the pasta.
- Lay sliced mozzarella across the top of the pie. Sprinkle parmesan cheese (optional.)
- Bake the pasta pie in the oven for 375 degrees F for 15-20 (until melted.)
- Place on serving plate, then remove springform ring and serve.