A pizza crust recipe that tastes better than the original – and no gluten, no carbs!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, powdered
- 1/4 cup mozzarella/pizza cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- red pepper
- Cooking spray
To make crust
- Wash and dry the cauliflower.
- Cut off the florets, remove the stem.
- Using a food processor, pulse cauliflower until it’s the consistency of snow.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover (I prefer a steam bag.) Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Allow cauliflower to cool slightly.
- In a strainer or over another bowl draped with a tea towel, place cooked cauliflower into the towel.
- Using the towel (the thinnest is best), and wring the cauliflower until there is no more water and it’s “dry.” (You’ll need to do this several times as there will be lots of water (more than a cup is normal.)
- Next place cauliflower into a dry bowl, add cheeses and seasonings and mix.
- Now add egg and mix until it resembles dough.
- Place dough on an parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Now roll out dough into a thin crust (be careful to not be too thin.)
- Once complete, place crust on cooking stone/pan and place into preheated oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes until golden brown and remove from the oven.
- Now add your toppings as normal for pizza.
- Return pizza to the oven and cook 6-8 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Remove from oven, cut, cool, and eat!