An easy dinner that’s perfect for teaching kids cooking skills and using a little inspiration from their lunchbox!
- 1 lb ground lean beef (you can use turkey, chicken, etc.)
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 box of Juicy Juice 100% apple juice (or 1 cup of apple juice)
- salt and pepper
- 4 buns (we use gluten free hamburger buns)
- Brown ground meat in skillet with onions and salt and pepper.
- Stir in ketchup, sugar, mustard and any additional salt and pepper on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour in apple juice and combine. Cook for another 10-15 minutes until juice has reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve by placing 1/4 cup meat mixture between a bun.
- This is a perfect recipe for back to school!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 30
- Sodium: 1178
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Protein: 27
- Cholesterol: 70