Forget cookies…Santa’s looking for this holiday hors d’oeuvres under tree. This new party favorite takes the best of both for the best app: Raspberry Chipotle Cocktail Weenie Wreath.
This post is sponsored by General Mills, but the thoughts and opinions are my own.
Decorating my mantle for the perfect holiday.
The look of my children on Christmas morning.
The food. Specifically the appetizers.
Christmas may be my favorite time of the year but it’s the parties (and more importantly the small-sized apps on the table) that really jingle my bells!
I remember growing up the first time I had “pigs in a blanket.” Those little cocktail weenies all wrapped up in Pillsbury™ Crescent dough…it was dreamy. Too bad the dream was over when I took down the whole plate. Even as an adult, no matter how upscale the event, I know that if I make the weenies, then they will get eaten.
We can’t even keep Hillshire Farms cocktail smokies at home. If I need them for a recipe I know I have to buy at least two packs – one for me to use and one for everyone to “nibble” off of.
Another of my favorite happy hors d’oeuvres moments was at another holiday soiree in high school, I dipped a cracker into a mix of cream cheese with raspberry chipotle coction. It wasn’t much for presentation but as I bit into the cracker, I thought “man that’s good.” There was just something about it.
And like the weenies, I took down that raspberry cream cheese brick. And apparently, I wasn’t the only one that felt that way because no matter what kind of party – baby shower, birthday, girls’ night or Christmas, the simple marriage of cream cheese with the sweetness of raspberry and the little bit of spicy heat of the chipotle makes all the taste buds swing.
So why wouldn’t these two party staples become the best appetizer EVER? Yes, that’s how I saw it too.
So simple, so good, so holiday. One trip to Sam’s Club and 10 minutes in the oven. And the house smells like heaven and you look like a TV food star.
Two of the best holiday appetizers came together into the perfect dish you’ll be making at your next Christmas party: the Raspberry Chipotle Cocktail Weenie Wreath!
And to make it look as good as it tastes, make it in a round and add some greenery for the Pinterest perfect holiday wreath.
Yes, it’s that easy and you can move on to getting those other holiday to-do items off your list.
Now isn’t it almost naughty how nice it is?
- 1 tube Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls
- 1 package Hillshire Farms Cocktail Smokies
- Egg wash
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle raspberry chipotle sauce
- Fresh Cilantro or parsley (for decoration)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or
- silicone mat.
- 2. Slice Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls lengthwise into thirds.
- 3. Brush with softened cream cheese (you can use a teaspoon of milk to help soften.)
- 4. Add teaspoon of raspberry chipotle sauce on top of cream cheese on dough.
- 5. Place a cocktail smokie on the thick end of each triangle and roll up.
- 6. Arrange the pigs in a blanket, sided by side, in a circle on the baking sheet. (Place
- close enough to touch each other.)
- 7. Brush with egg wash (1 beaten egg) over wreath.
- 8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crescents are golden.
- 9. Lay cilantro around the inside of the wreath and place a small bowl filled of leftover
- raspberry chipotle sauce to serve.