Parenting is hard. But sometimes you have to drop the adulting and just enjoy spending time together with your kids. Here are 10 ways to connect with your kids today that don’t require any creativity from you, but will make lots of memories for everyone.
Thank you to Main Event for this collaboration to remind us all that sometimes you need to just Head to Fun. #HeadforFun #EatBowlPlay
A few nights ago while I was working on the computer, my daughter asked sweetly, “can you play Barbies with me?”
I loved her up and repeated by normal response, “not right now, baby…mama’s working,” kissing her sweetly and sending her on her way.
After about a week of asking the same thing each time I was on the computer, she finally came up to me as she had been doing and screamed, “Are you ever gonna play with me? I am your daughter!” And proceeded to run away in a teary-eyed fit.
I was totally devastated. I mean doesn’t she know the reason I’m working on the computer is for her and her brother so we can have money to have nice things?
Then I realized…of course, she doesn’t know.
She’s not one of my clients, co-workers, or colleagues. She’s my kid.
What she knows is that mommy says she loves her and if she really loves her, she would want to spent time with her. Instead I’m always doing other stuff like being on the computer, the phone, or cleaning house – and not spending time with her.
While I’m all about responsibility, sometimes you just have to Head for Fun and do something that isn’t anything but just entertainment for entertainment’s sake.
I mean are we working to live or living to work?
While there are many activities you can arrange to do with them, I’ll be honest, planning is sometimes the hardest part. Where to go, what time are they open, where to park, what to eat, what to pack….you get it. The whole idea is that it’s supposed to be fun time and you went and made it hard. By the time you’ve created your plan for fun, it’s already lost the fun before it started.
However, at Main Event, everything is in one place and you don’t have to plan anything except “let’s go.” With more than 20 locations across the U.S., you always know at Main Event you can head for fun with their Eat. Bowl. Play. mentality, wherever you go!
So here are some ideas for spending time with your kids that you can do right now.
10 Ways to Play with Your Kids Today at Main Event
- Score a Strike Bowling
- Rock it, Win it or Shoot it with Video Games
- Light it Up with Laser Tag
- Make a Hole in One with Mini Golf
- Belt Out Some Karaoke
- Play some Pool
- Share a plate of Fun Finger Foods – French Fries, Nachos, Tater Tots, oh my!
- Get moving with Gravity Ropes and Rock Climbing
- Have Fun! No matter what you do – talk, play, or eat, you’ll have a good time together!
- Make it a Party! Make it a really big event at Main Event and bring friends and family when you need a destination for a birthday or family get together! They do it all for you!
From chef-inspired casual dining featuring American classics, a stand-alone La Bella’s Pizza Café and full bar, to more than 100 virtual and interactive games, state-of-the-art bowling, multi-level laser tag and more, there are so many ways to make memories today at Main Event.
Ready to head for fun? Visit the Main Event website for information about their FREE fun on October 10 for National Head for FUNday at all 27 locations nationwide. (And when it’s free, there should be nothing standing in your way!)
- Anyone arriving between 8 a.m.-12 p.m. will be given one (1) free hour of bowling (shoes included). Additionally, each guest will receive a free $10 FUNCard valid on game play.
- $5 Unlimited FUN – bowling, laser tag, billiards & more for just $5 per person/per activity from noon to close.
Go to MainEvent.com to find a Main Event Entertainment Center near you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Main Event. The opinions and text are all mine.