Summer fun got you in overdrive? Look cool while it’s hot with these 3 Summer Styles in Seconds.
Thanks to Sephora inside JCPenney for this sizzling summer style collaboration.
Is it just me or does the summer break not seem like a break at all, but actually one long sweaty marathon divided up into several 5Ks where you always feel like you’re in a sprint from one place to another?
Yep, they actually should call it the summer bustle and hustle as we parents try to fit in vacation, work, summer camp, pool time, playdates, a few holidays and hopefully an opportunity to enjoy a little fun in the sun.
Throw in 90-100 degree temperatures with that non-stop schedule, there’s no time to look good and keep it, all day long.
With a little help and just a few seconds, you can create some hot hairstyles that will make you look so cool (and keep you cool) all day long. Plus you can also give your tresses the care they need from heat from heat, chlorine, and product damage.
Drybar is easily one of my favorite multitasking secrets when you need an incredible look that lasts when your to-dos look more like Santa’s Christmas toy list. But what’s even better is that the blowdry bar has created one of the best product lines that keeps hair looking great anytime. For me the DryBar Detox Dry Conditioner helps to tame my summer mane, making my hair silky, shiny, and more healthy. Best of all, you don’t even have to head to Drybar to get it. Just head to JCPenney and you’ll find Sephora inside JCPenney with all your favorite hair, makeup and beauty needs.
Now just add a bandana, rubberband or even a little coconut oil, and you’re ready to take on the day – or at least look hot when you’re trying to stay cool.
3 Summer Styles in Seconds
1. Sleek Pony
You can never go wrong with a slick back pony tail. Whether you’re going for something casual or fancy, this is the do for you. Plus it’s easy enough that you don’t really need any instruction or even a mirror at that.
- After blasting your strands midlength to the ends with the Drybar Dry Conditioner, add a little volume by teasing at the crown.
- Then secure the hair with an elastic ponytail holder.
- Section off a small portion of hair from underneath the ponytail, wrap around the elastic band and tuck the ends with bobby pins.
- Optionally, you can use a short scarf like this one, to tie around the pony to add a little color to your look.
2. Banded Bun
Consider this your princess do (all while keeping your crown tucked and off your neck.) Spray a little Drybar Dry Conditioner to smooth the strands.
- Tie a bandana like one of these (it comes in a two-pack) at the nape of the neck (keeping it at the top of the hair.)
- Next begin tucking the ends up around the bandana.
- Last use a few bobby pins to tuck in the ends and secure.
3. Wet Look
Did you just get out of the pool and have to run to the next activity? Don’t try to wash and dry, just go for the wet look. If Kim K. can do it, you can too!
- After a few squirts of Drybar Dry Conditioner, flat iron the strands.
- Then volumize the roots of the front half of the hair with a comb by grabbing a section of hair and teasing the roots from behind the section.
- To complete the “wet look,” add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the palms and add to the top and sides of the hair.
To finish your summer look for where ever you need to go, add a fitted white jacket over a bright tank and short shorts paired with cork espadrilles and you’re out the door!
GET THIS SUMMER LOOK AT JCPENNEY AND SEPHORA INSIDE JCPENNEY