Teacher Appreciation Week is May 7-11, but it shouldn’t end there. Join SONIC in making a bigger impact to help our teachers through Limeades for Learning. Plus help give directly to a teacher in need!
Thanks to Sonic for this opportunity to give back to our teachers and this giveaway.
I remember in 5th grade my teacher Mrs. Simms awarded a few students (including me) for a job well done with a trip to Sonic for tots and an ice-cold Cherry Limeade.
I still remember how proud I was that day.
From that point forward, Cherry Limeades would become the signal of other big milestones, some good and some bad, but the limeade was about helping to get me to the next big thing. And with each sip I was propeling myself towards being better, doing better, and recognizing when I done a job well done.
Turns out Cherry Limeades do that for a lot of people.
They taste good, but they also make them feel good, and also say job well done. Funny how just that styrofoam cup can do so much…just ask any teacher whose PTA brought in Limeades to say THANK YOU. Next week several volunteers plan to load up and do exactly that (and much more too) with activities to say “Teacher, You are a Star.” It’s a nice thing to do and the kids love it as well!
But you know what? Why stop there. Especially when teachers are still working throughout the year, including summers, with less-than-average pay and even chipping in more than $500 of their own money for supplies to make their classrooms better for our kids. So in 2009 SONIC has stepped up to the plate to help public school teachers do more with a little help, like $3 million dollars a year in help.
SONIC’s Limeades for Learning then teamed up 10 years ago with DonorsChoose.org to not only get them help for specific projects but also initiate donations on the smaller level that can make a BIG difference. More than $95 million to public school teachers nationwide has been funded by this partnership to get teachers what they need to teach and students the vital items they need to learn.
Here in Arlington there are several different projects like:
- Mrs. Adger-Barton who is hoping to get money for LEGOs to help teach STEM education in her school.
- Ms. Kilgore who is looking to get fresh school supplies for the new school year.
- Ms. Sanson who hopes a book cart and stools will help encourage reading in her classroom.
Wonder about the products requested, pricing and more? The teacher actually provides the specific items, costs and details that are then verified by a member of the DonorsChoose team.
Don’t see a school you want to help fund or know a teacher that is in need of some special items for your classroom? You can learn how to sign up here and even have the first project matched.
Three times a year SONIC makes $1 million donations to public schools:
- During the Fall Voting Campaign, which typically runs from late September through October
- Throughout the months of January through April during a series of surprise funding events in cities across the country – as an example, today SONIC funded 75 teacher projects from across the country in honor of National Handwriting Day
- Throughout the month of May during #ThanksTeach, a social media campaign encouraging consumers to thank their favorite teachers during Teacher Appreciation Month
And with your help and support by 2021 SONIC’s total contribution to local public school classrooms will exceed $20 million.
Want to make a difference in a classroom?
Enter to win a $200 DonorsChoose.org gift card now that can be used towards any public school teacher project that inspires you plus receive a $50 Sonic gift card for more limeade fun.