Be the MVP of your big game party with this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Shrimp Bisque. Give it the kick that will have them coming back for more with El Yucateco hot sauce!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
The best part of any game, either if you’re tailgating or sitting front row in your living room, is the party! Whether you go all out or just keep it to the couch, you can really score with a recipe like this Slow Cooker Shrimp Bisque that lets your play with the team instead sit on the sidelines! What gives this Cajun favorite its really amazing flavor is El Yucateco.
Bisque has always been one of my favorites. Anytime I can find it on the menu, it’s a must have to order and in my time I’ve enjoyed different recipes made in several different ways (A LOT!) However, with the perfect mix of creamy and smooth with bits of shrimp and the full flavor delivered by El Yucateco, each spoonful of this bisque gives you just what you want and still leaves you wanting more.
With other hot sauces one of the main ingredients is vinegar, but with El Yucateco the pepper is definitely #1! It’s also really versatile for everything from meats to margaritas, especially when there are different levels of heat and pepper blends available at Walmart!
If you really like to give it some heat with a smokey flavor without the sweetness of chipotle, try the El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce!
Just like NOLA, there’s a party in every bite of this Slow Cooker Shrimp Bisque!
And since you aren’t spending time cooking for your big game party, you can actually add a little fun to your Mardi Gras party as easy as a few beads, masks and even just a little zydeco music will get everyone moving! If you are tailgating or hosting your shindig outdoors, El Yucateco has you covered with a whole line of fun gear in the El Yucateco Store where you’ll find some really cool gear from board shorts for the summer, hoodies for the winter and many shirts for your any kind of party you’re going to!
So ready to see how easy it is to get your party started?Print
Make this creole favorite made easy with the slow cooker!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped chunky
- 4 c. seafood stock (you can make this fresh or pick up at the grocery already made)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp El Yucateco hot sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1½ cups corn
- 2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. (My slow cooker lets you do all of this in the same pot.)
- Add onions, garlic and saute until tender.
- Add mixture mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, 2 tbsps of El Yucateco, sherry, seafood stock, corn, old bay, salt, and pepper combining together.
- Then whisk in the cornstarch.
- Cook on low for 3.5 hours or high for 1.5 hours.
- Meanwhile add remaining El Yucateco to shrimp and allow to marinate.
- At this point, either choose a smooth bisque or a chunkier version. To smooth, use an emulsifier. (I prefer a combination with a creamy version with a few chunks!
- Next add heavy cream and shrimp to finish the bisque heating the shrimp until it is pink (don’t overcook.)
- This should be approximately another 30 minutes in the slow cooker.
- Finish with a little more El Yucateco and serve with a crusty bread!
- Make sure to taste test the El Yucateco as you go to modify the heat level!
It’s that easy to get that flavor-packed bowl of Shrimp Bisque made in the slow cooker!
How do you add a little zip to your BIG GAME Party? Score with El Yucateco!