- 1 cup apples (one kind or various), peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar + 1 Tablespoon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and 1 Tbsp. sugar over the apples and set aside.
- In a bowl, thoroughly blend the two sugars together.
- Next, add the cinnamon, cloves, flour and pecans to make the sugar mixture.
- Then stir in the eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Pour into a greased 13 X 9 pan and bake for 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce or by itself.