A delicious perfectly portion of stuffing with the savory flavor of sausage and sweet tang of cranberry and apples!
- Cooking Spray
- 3 cups of bread, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup of EVOO
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped finely
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Sausage (you can use Original or Sage)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped finely
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ teaspoon fresh sage, shopped (you can may omit if you use the Sage Sausage)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin/cupcake pin with cooking spray.
- On baking sheet, toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake until toasted (around 10 minutes.) Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a bowl.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil, then add onion and celery. Cook over high heat, stirring until golden, for around 5-7 minutes. Add the sausage, garlic, sage and cook until sausage is cooked. Add apples and cranberries and allow to soften, but not to cook completely.
- Mix sausage mixture, eggs, and broth into croutons. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pack the stuffing into muffin/cupcake pan with your hands, allowing for a rounded top to sit above the pan’s edge. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for few minutes and then lift the cups out of the pan using a knife.
- Serve with your favorite holiday entrée!
- These can be served as an appetizer for a holiday party, too!