This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PinThatTwist #CollectiveBias
Ah, tacos. One my favorite words (and definitely one of my favorite things to eat.)
But stick breakfast before it and it’s just that much better!
Looking back at so many good times, including my honeymoon, were spent enjoying tacos and just enjoying the simplicity of how good they can be.
While our family is pretty happy any time you get a tortilla and put cheese in it, there’s something about eggs, meat and cheese all wrapped up in such the way you can get all of the flavors of huevos, chorizo and melted queso all.in.one.perfect. bite. Now you can with these Breakfast Taco Enchiladas.
Although tacos can be pretty easy to make, sometimes you need a little something extra – a little twist to keep the flavors fun and add a little something to your norm. AND there are just some days you just want to wake up and not have anything to do but just enjoy breakfast. Especially on Sundays when we work to have breakfast together as a family.
With Easter on the way (and a brunch menu in the works), we’ve combined the best of both worlds: tacos and enchiladas into one fantastic dish you’re family is going to love. While at my local Albertsons I picked up an extra bag of Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese (Mexican blend is our favorite, but you can use any cheddar-based mix) and a package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. (There was such a deal going on that I may have grabbed a few more of both, too.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you really can make it your own. If you wanted to add vegetables to this dish for a really hearty meal or remove the meat altogether. If you wanted to mix it up even more so by making different taco variations (based on what’s leftover in the fridge for filling), you can try to accommodate everyone’s tastes. But honestly, after you pour the green chile enchilada sauce and add that one last sprinkle of cheese to the top, everyone is going to be happy that you just made it. And of course, you gotta love the garnishes…my favorite is cilantro, hands down.Print
This is great make-ahead brunch item that can be used for events, potlucks or even as a meal for new moms. The filling can also be made of any protein dish you like or you can add veggies for an added healthy bonus!
- 1 pound of chorizo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- dozen eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups Kraft Shredded Natural Cheese, Mexican Blend (or any other works great!), portioned
- 12 flour tortillas, taco size
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 small can green chiles, chopped and not drained
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 12/ Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- Cilantro and chopped cherry tomatoes for garnish or your favorite salsa
- Cook chorizo as directed on package.
- Prepare scrambled eggs over medium heat with butter, salt and pepper (don’t let them get too dry.)
- Blend eggs, chorizo and 1 cup of cheese together.
- Place 3 tablespoons of egg mixture inside each tortilla.
- Roll into a taco and place seamside down in a lightly oiled 9X11 casserole dish.
- Complete this step until the pan is full. (The tacos will be touching.)
- Next heat cream cheese over the stove at medium heat until creamy. Add chiles and rest of ingredients. Once blended, add 1 cup of cheese into sauce.
- Add sauce to the top of the tacos making sure to cover completely.
- Spring remaining cup of cheese on top of dish.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until brown.
- Serve with your favorite garnish and/or salsa!
Want more ideas? Enjoy more ways to Pin That Twist.
What’s your favorite? Tacos or Enchiladas?