- 1 whole chicken
- 4 lemons
- 2–3 heads garlic
- Fresh rosemary and other favorite herbs
- Poultry seasoning
- Cut garlic and lemons in half. Save one half lemon, a few slices of lemon (cut wide) and garlic head and set aside.
- Lay in bottom of slow cooker so they lay flat.
- Clean chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- Season chicken with poultry mix, all over (both inside and out) as well as salt and pepper.
- Lay chicken onto garlic and lemon and stuff garlic into cavity of chicken.
- Cover chicken with lemon slices and rosemary.
- Cook chicken for around four hours on high (or until 165 degrees.)
- Turn off slow cooker, let chicken rest for 15 minutes and then remove from slow cooker to serve.
- Use reserve sauce to be served over chicken.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 125
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 13
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Protein: 42
- Cholesterol: 132